Where to stay is always the hardest decision when planning your Disney World vacation. With over 25 choices spanning across 3 different pricing categories; there is a resort for everyone!
1. Art of Animation is not only the newest resort on Disney property, it is also the only one fully themed for Disney characters! You have the option of either a Little Mermaid standard room, or a Lion King/Finding Nemo/Cars Family Suite. While you are there be sure to check out the The Big Blue Pool which happens to be the largest pool at any Disney resort! You and your kiddos will get an awesome surprise when you go underwater (hint: it involves the sounds of a very famous Clown Fish and his aquatic buddies). You also do not want to miss the FREE nightly animation classes that are held in the hotel’s lobby.
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge is the perfect resort for animal lovers of any age! The resort is surrounded by 3 savannas that are home to over 200 species of animals. They can be seen from the resorts main building (Jambo House) as well as select rooms that offer a savanna view from your balcony! If the wildlife isn’t enough; you will love the Uzima Pool which happens to be one of the largest pools on Disney property. Mom and Dad need a night out? Book a meal at Jiko and take the kiddos to Simba’s Clubhouse for the night!
3. Beach Club, hands down, has the best pool and water play area of all the Disney resorts. Stormalong Bay boasts 3 acres of water play area for the entire family! From a sandy bottom pool, to life size ship wreck replicas, a 230-foot waterslide (the biggest at any resort), lazy river with inner tubes, to 3 whirlpool spas – there is something for every member of the family.
4. Caribbean Beach is the perfect place for your little pirate to drop anchor and explore. If you have a lil’ matey who is a fan of Jake or Jack you definitely want to rest ye’ weary bones in a pirate room! Caribbean Beach Resort has swashbuckling theming all around (think Spanish styling, cannons and MORE).
5. Pop Century is not only one of the least expensive resorts on property but they are famous for their tie die cheesecake. Need I say more?! The resort has areas that are themed for each decade between the 50s-90s. The food court has a little something for everyone, there is an arcade for the older kiddos, and a splash pool for the youngest family members. Be sure to walk across the Generation Gap Bridge – on the other side you’ll find yourself at #1 on our list.
Have you stayed at any of these with children? What was your experience like? Do you have a favorite kid-friendly resort I missed? I would love to hear your favorites in the comments below!