Everyone loves a good story and who can tell one better than Disney? The newest World of Pandora is storytelling like you’ve never experienced before at a Walt Disney World Park.
Our adventure opens with the Na’vi and humans finally achieving peace with one another. Due to this, Alpha Centurion Expeditions (a fictional tourist company) has started offering tours to Pandora. The World of Pandora isn’t just another “land” in a theme park. You are actually being transported to a new world – as long as you can just get to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park!
The new world will include shops, dining, and 3 attractions.
- Valley of Mo’ara: No FastPass, All Ages – All around Pandora’s enormous floating mountains, you’ll quickly uncover the valley’s one-of-a-kind dining and shopping experiences—along with sights, sounds and experiences that include:
- Exotic plants that come to life with beautiful bioluminescence each night
- A Na’vi-built drum circle, containing instruments playable by all
- Na’vi totems and other cultural items found throughout the land
- Brand-new Wilderness Explorers challenges and badges to collect
- You may even come across tour guides from Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE), scientists from the Pandora Conservation Initiative (PCI), or even an eclectic expat or two!
- Avatar Flight of Passage: FastPass Available, 44 in Height Restriction -Get a banshee’s-eye view of the beauty and grandeur of Pandora on a rite of passage you won’t soon forget! Deep in the heart of the Valley of Mo’ara, discover Avatar Flight of Passage—an all-new expedition that lets interstellar explorers like you climb atop a mountain banshee for a breathtaking, first-person flight over the moon’s incredible landscape. Bonding with a mountain banshee is a crucial step in the life of a Na’vi hunter—and flying on the back of one of these powerful winged creatures represents an important rite of passage. Now, as a visitor to Pandora, you’ll finally have the chance to test yourself in a similar way!
- Na’vi River Journey: FastPass Available, All Ages – Glide down a gentle, mysterious river and feel a sense of wonder as the full beauty of Pandora reveals itself. Located within the Valley of Mo’ara, Na’vi River Journey offers explorers an experience that has to be seen—and heard—to be believed! As your expedition begins, climb aboard a reed boat and drift downstream. After coasting through a series of caves, and passing by exotic glowing plants and amazing creatures of the rainforest, you’ll soon find yourself face-to-face with the Na’vi Shaman of Songs. The adventure comes to a conclusion as the Shaman demonstrates her deep connection to the life force of Pandora—and sends positive energy out into the forest through the power of her music!
- Satu’li Canteen: Quick Service for lunch and dinner – The Satu’li Canteen was once the main mess hall of the Resources Development Administration (RDA) base located in the Valley of Mo’ara. Now the canteen is owned and operated by Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE) tour company and has been redesigned into a beautiful museum-like dining room.The interior has been transformed with colorful Na’vi items filling the walls and hanging from the ceiling — hand-woven tapestries, natural Pandoran elements and even cooking tools decorate the restaurant.
- The fast-casual restaurant will also be the first to offer Mobile Order, a new convenient option to order and pay for meals on-the-go within the My Disney Experience app, allowing guests to bypass the queue to order when they arrive at the restaurant. Using the app, guests can select menu items, customize their order and pre-pay for their meal. When they arrive at the restaurant they will tap an “I’m here” button in the app, which will notify the kitchen to prepare the meal. When ready, guests will be alerted through the app to pick up their meal at a designated window.
- Pongu Pongu: Drinks and Hangout – Quench your thirst the Pandoran way at an otherworldly pit-stop offering Na’vi-inspired refreshment. Are your expeditions at Avatar Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey leaving you parched? Hike to the corner of Windtraders where you’ll find Pongu Pongu—when you spot a friendly expat serving out-of-this-world drinks, you’ve come to the right place. Meaning “Party Party” in the language of the Na’vi, Pongu Pongu welcomes weary travelers to try our “bioluminescent” frozen cocktail, indigenous beers—or even a sweet snack you won’t find elsewhere!
- Colors of Mo’ara – As you trek through the Valley of Mo’ara, drop by this colorful kiosk for a Na’vi-inspired face painting. Run by local expats, as wild and eclectic as the creatures they paint, Colors of Mo’ara helps explorers see themselves as one of the Na’vi! Featuring authentic Pandoran markings, along with select merchandise, it’s a perfect stop for little ones and big ones alike—whether you’re just arriving to Pandora or departing for your next great adventure!
- Windtraders – Discover exotic merchandise and souvenirs celebrating the flora, fauna and culture of Pandora. As you trek through the Valley of Mo’ara, make your way to Windtraders, where the walls have long since been overtaken by natural root structures—which nowadays serve as still-growing displays for a variety of mementos and take-home treasures. From Na’vi cultural artifacts and animal toys to science kits and Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE) apparel, you’ll find something exciting for every member of the family here!
Staying at a Walt Disney World Resort? You can experience the World of Pandora with extra extended night time hours JUST for you from May 27, 2017 – July 4, 2017. The World of Pandora will remain open after park closing from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM on these dates.
FastPass selections for attractions within the World of Pandora open up to Walt Disney World Resort guests on Friday, March 24, 2017. NOTE – FastPasses for the World of Pandora will operate on a “tier” system much like Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Guests may choose ONE experience from the World of Pandora and TWO from any other Animal Kingdom Park attraction.
Take a closer look below at this amazing world set to open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park on May 27, 2017!