If you have ever traveled to Florida before, you know how unpredictable the weather is. The forecast changes almost daily…and sometimes several seasons occur within the same day! Never fear. Usually if it says it’s going to rain, it will only rain for about 20 minutes to an hour. Unless otherwise noted, of course.
Even though you’ve spent months preparing for the perfect trip, and here comes the rain; it doesn’t mean your day is down the drain!
If you’ve never traveled to Walt Disney World before…take our advice and be sure to head to the dollar store and pick up a few ponchos for the trip! Purchasing them at the park carries a Baymax sized price tag.
Walt Disney World is always fun no matter what! Rain or shine we are always in the parks, but we know not everyone enjoys being in the rain.
Our suggestion to you is to put on that rain gear and head out the door! Disney Parks have a lot of indoor rides, attractions, shops, and more. If you are the type of person who absolutely can not be in the rain here are some indoor activities to add to your day.
- Visit each of the Magic Kingdom resorts. Hop on a monorail and take a trip to somewhere new. (If you are a penny collector, each one of the resorts have a unique penny press).
- Disney’s ESPN Zone at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn -Shop till you drop, have some wings, and watch some sports.
- Go to Disney Springs and head over to the AMC movie theater.
- Check to see if your hotel has a spa, a nice relaxing massage can make anyone’s day better! If your hotel does not have any spa treatments ask the front desk where to go.
- Make a dining reservation
- Like to bowl? Head over to Splitsville in Disney Springs for some great family bowling and food.
- Visit The Land, The Seas, or Innovations in Disney’s Epcot
- Go to the food court and grab some snacks, head back to the room and have a movie date
- Avoid Animal Kingdom – this is the hardest park to navigate in the rain.
There are so many options offered at Disney the list is endless, make sure to bring that rain gear and try taking on the parks in the rain! It will be so much fun, I promise!