Star Wars fan have you? Then Disney Cruise you must! Disney Cruise Line has launched an all new specialty cruise – Star Wars Day At Sea. On these select cruises; there is a full day of fun planned with special events, food options, meet n’ greets, and MORE.
- What ship(s) offer SWDAS? Only the Disney Fantasy
- What types of sailings are offered on SWDAS? 7-Night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises
- When are these sailings in 2018?
- Eastern Caribbean: January 13 and 27, February 10 and 24, March 10 and 24, April 7
- Western Caribbean: January 6 and 20, February 3 and 17, March 3 and 17 and 31, April 14
- Where do these sailings depart from? Port Canaveral, Florida
- In a nutshell – what can I find on this sailing?
- SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS
- Get the scoop on what it’s like to bring the Star Wars universe to life during panel discussions with those who know firsthand.
- COSTUME CELEBRATIONS
- Suit up as your favorite Star Wars hero or villain and join other fans for unforgettable cosplay parties in the grand Atrium.
- MOVIE MARATHON
- Relive the mythic journey of the Skywalkers during screenings of all 9 films—including Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
- STAR WARS SCAVENGER HUNT
- Think you’re a worthy bounty hunter? Find and decode secret messages to solve a ship-wide, Star Wars-themed scavenger hunt.
- FAMILY TRIVIA
- A battle of wits! Unleash your inner fan with challenging games designed to test your knowledge of Star Wars heroes and foes.
- STAR WARS DRAWING ACADEMY
- Calling all Padawans: Learn to draw some of your favorite Star Wars characters, including Yoda, BB-8, Darth Vader and more.
- STAR WARS 101
- New to the Star Wars Universe, young rebel? Brush up on the acclaimed story during this eye-opening, interactive session.
- SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS
CLICK HERE TO SEE A SAMPLE OF A PERSONAL NAVIGATOR FROM A 2017 SWDAS SAILING!
UPDATE – 12/14/17
Brand new experiences featuring the Dark Side, the Resistance, the droids and more are coming to the Disney Fantasy when Star Wars Day at Sea returns on 15 special sailings this January through April. Check out some of the new out-of-this-galaxy experiences that are setting sail:
The Dark Side
- To kick off Star Wars Day at Sea celebrations, in a one-time experience the night before the event, Darth Vader and Stormtroopers will march into the ship’s atrium for an Imperial takeover.
- Kylo Ren will appear in “Jedi Training Academy,” where young Jedi-in-training summon their courage and the Force to face off against Darth Vader and Kylo Ren.
- Rey will take the stage in the “Summon the Force” nighttime deck show that celebrates great moments from across the Star Wars galaxy including iconic characters and new favorites, complete with an epic fireworks finale accompanied by John Williams’ iconic music.
- In “Porgs Onboard! Scavenger Hunt,” Chewbacca needs help tracking the Porgs that have been wreaking havoc throughout the ship. Your Clients can help find and decode secret messages to solve a ship-wide quest and be greeted by everyone’s favorite Wookiee at the end of their adventure.
- In the days leading up to the epic celebration, your Clients check out all of the Star Wars feature films in the Buena Vista Theatre, culminating in a showing of the newest film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
Fun for the whole family
- New in 2018, you are guaranteed a time to meet and take photographs with C-3PO and R2-D2, Chewbacca and Darth Vader. Before they even step onboard, they have the chance to reserve these character encounters online under the My Disney Cruise section of disneycruise.com.
- You can step into the saga and pose with a life-size replica of Han Solo frozen in Carbonite, as well as other cool Star Wars-themed backdrops.
- In Star Wars Drawing Academy, you can learn to draw some of your favorite Star Wars characters and a new character from “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
- Star Wars-themed interactive games, trivia and activities for the whole family will be hosted by Disney cruise staff on the pool deck and in the D Lounge.
These are the droids you’re looking for
- C-3PO will make an appearance in Star Wars: Command Post in Disney’s Oceaneer Club. During a special activity, children train to be members of the Resistance and fend off the First Order. C-3PO pays a visit to check on their training and further human-cyborg relations.
- Droid Racing is a fast-paced activity that the whole family will enjoy where Guests can race BB-Unit droids around a course in the ship’s atrium.
- In a hands-on activity for families, everyone tests their skills to become master droid builders and create an intergalactic droid.
All of these cool new experiences are included in a Star Wars Day at Sea cruise, and just some of the ways you can celebrate the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars galaxy!
Stay tuned as we share more about the exciting experiences you’ll have on Star Wars Day at Sea during your family’s Caribbean cruise vacation!